Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Day XIII

Aiming for a slightly less depressing tone, today I'm still going for a summary of thought but, in a round-about way slightly more positive and one of the things that keeps me here, plodding along with things as they are ...


Short of the usual introduction, today's photograph in Gert Lush High Resolution lies just beyond the underlined words.

Our text today is once again and born of my modern-Pringlist education (and also an inability to stop listing to old Millencolin albums) and summarises thoughts along the lines of: No matter how much things aren't quite ideal here; if I weren't here it would be altogether worse as almost everyone I know and care about has gone away to University as well; those who haven't are in jobs for a year before they do go, and regularly state that they rarely see each other. It's brilliant when we all come back for the holidays but, it's not like that all the time and so today, with some nice mirror-like glass I am reflecting on the fact that: "The grass will never be greener on the other side ..." ...

1 comment:

KellyJSmith said...

This may just be my favourite so far owain, I think your whole idea has been brilliant and very interesting to follow, however on a personal note, I completely sympathise with your situation, I think more people than you would have maybe thought are feeling the same way you are, I know Ive definately considered chucking it all in, then I have to remind myself what the alternative would be and I completely agree.... the grass is never greener.