Monday, January 28, 2008

Day XII

Ahem! Testing, Testing, One, Two, One, Two ... Let's go nuke Moscow! I shall start today's post, and this new week by detailing a few changes ...

Firstly, I changed the principle text on the door (after re-painting all the white bits to be in line with current Daz guidelines) to something a bit more obvious and engaging of the viewer/people who stare at me when I'm out doing this ...

Secondly, after something of a miserable weekend (mostly spent in my room feeling a bit sorry for myself, like a puppy with one of those daft collars on after an operation) I was somewhat lacking in motivation to do Newspapers today so I've decided to start using my door to express thoughts more personal. At the moment I am reflecting outwardly the affectations of my state of mind, but it may not be strictly limited to that ...

For a closer inspection of my stencilling skills, click to view in Gert Lush High Resolution the underlined words just back up there ...

Today's text is what modern Pringlists call a "neat little phrase" that in the best traditions of Herr Pringle covers a lot of things, over a long time, very concisely. It's also written upside-down, this was not due to an imbalance in my cochlear, it was, also in the most logical traditions of Herr P done for a reason ... That's enough about my former-German teacher, I'm starting to sound like Barthes bleating on about his mother!

"I want the world to turn upside-down again ..." is a reflection of the fact that a lot has changed in my world since starting University in October. Some of this is good, some bad. It seems that the good and the bad in my life have flipped around ...

Before, I was absolutely happy with my friends, with all aspects of my life apart from my Photography, which I avoided and was therefore not bothered by after a while, I just forgot about it as I did other things.

Now however, it is the opposite, after I leave the classrooms (where I am happy to be with the people in this group, and enjoy myself) I have nothing to engage myself with other than my work, which is at least now bringing me pleasure and satisfaction. That in itself most certtainly not a bad thing.

When I return home, the old friendships remain as they were and my old life returns. I fit back into it like my very worn shoes. I forget Photography quite happily and enjoy life with people, something I do all too little of here despite being on good terms with my flatmates and you good people of Photography. Everything flips around again ...

4 comments:

alfie said...

interesting read as usual owain. see the departure from headlines not to be too different from the other posts as they where just your views on a predetermined subject. be nice to see some mix of the two, if you could find current affairs that directly affect you to comment on. the time gone into this shows.

Uisdean Mòr said...

Owain - I think you need to edit the words - keep it tight and relevant...

Owain said...

This is true Alfie, it was never quite JUST the headline, which was partly to do with my aims of questioning how we see the world through media and our own eyes and also partly my own inability to resist writing reams and reams when it's not really necessary ... sorry Hugh!

Helen said...

Im still enjoying your posts, Id actually like them as a little book so i can then look back on them and see them together!