Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Day XVIII

Today we fringe upon something vaguely related to one of the issues in Kelly's blog:


Is it a bird? Is it a plane? Is it a sheet of falling MDF? No, it's the above photograph in Gert Lush High Resolution!

Recently, in my ever-increasing hours of evening boredom alone in my room, I have been prone to some comfort eating which was probably at its' worst yesterday evening and I initially thought when I woke up in the night feeling really sick, that this was to blame. Later I realised that the same thing had happened the last time I cooked the meal I ate yesterday so, that was probably it, but, I still don't think the comfort eating is a good thing! Now feel much less sick and have gone down the Domesticated Birds Scale of Sickness from "Parrott" to a level more like "Budgie" ...

Another little vice is bottles of Ale, I like the taste of Ale (in the absence of readily available Scrumpy) and there's probably a little bit of comfort drinking here but, at least how I justify it to myself (perhaps sub-consciously) is that it's to help me get off to sleep so I can be bright-eyed and awake in the mornings to greet Hugh!

Dragging some relevance to the world outside my room in, using a high-powered winch and a Land Rover: With societies many wrongs, ills and injustices sometimes comes the phrase "How do they sleep at night?" ... this was also a Horlicks advert. In relation to this and moreover my own matters of moment, the text for today reads: "Whatever helps you rest ..."

No comments: