Friday, February 1, 2008

Day XVI

Owing to current shortage in the Tripod department, today's photograph took almost as long as one of my outdoor missions to complete, as it was a long struggle to get something on the upper end of the sharpness scale ... with my decision to shoot in near darkness and a prevailing shutter speed of close to one second, expecting something comparable to a Scalpel or a Chef's Kitchen Knife was out of the question but, I was determined to obtain something, at least, above the level of Primary School Scissors or a Plastic Knife from a disposable cutlery set. Something you wouldn't necessarily need a metal ruler and cutting mat for, but might need to have parental supervision to use when trying to replicate at home from the steps Neil Buchanan (Pat Sharpe would have been better for punning but, I have now fulfilled the urge to use his name in all this ...) shows you ... Anyway, the end result should look something like this:


Being mirrored and pretty much visible at the resolution in the image above, I haven't made this one available at Gert Lush High Resolution for closer textual inspection ... Sorry!

Today I'm feeling quite content, had an enjoyable night last night and despite not doing anything more than go to the shop (something which is often the answer to our problems, if the problem is a lack of food; or perhaps sugar, because you can buy a Creme Egg ...) today, I am still Feeling Strangely Fine.

I spent a lot of today struggling to think of something to write on the door actually; and one of the (more sensible*) possibilities was something I remembered having said to a friend: "Appreciate the good times, but don't take the worst for granted ..." and that leads to what toda''s text actually is: "Something I said ..." being relevant to me today and it's mirrored to show this reflection (... and thinking about things I've said to help other people and how I can think about them for myself ...) visually ... through a reflection.
__________________________________________

* Amongst other less sensible options put forward by my brain was: "Ancient Chinese Proverb say: Man with milk, not always man with cow ..." which does mean something ... in the context of a milk delivery at a supermarket ...

I'll leave it at that, before this becomes a non-sensical Tour De Force ... as opposed to a non-sensical Tour de France, run on Unicycles, perhaps with the opening stage held in London, England ... or something crazy like that ... !

No comments: